Monday, December 6, 2010

First Blog Everr

So I've never blogged before but I'm going to start documenting my efforts in getting a job in this wretched economy.  I graduated in May from Arizona State University's College of Sustainability with a bachelor's degree in sustainability with a focus is renewable technologies, and materials.  I also had a related focus area in environmental design.  Many people have asked me, "So....what is your dream job then?".  To be honest ANY job right now would be appreciated.  I have fun learning and branching into all areas of sustainability.  I would say though that when I think about a dream job it has to do with green building. I'd love to get some experience with LEED building since I'm currently studying for the Green Associate exam.  There's not too much biulding going on in general which is really a bummer. It would be awesome to be a tangible part of sustainability. My goal is to someday drive by a LEED Platinum building and say "I was a part of that, I helped build that." Since I have graduated I have had difficulty finding sustainability jobs that aren't senior level, or atleast require 5 years of experience.  Im trying to find a part time job so I can start paying off student loans until I do find a real carrer opportunity. It's depressing and hard and time consuming but this blog will be part of my motivation in landing a job. I hope sooner rather than later...

No comments:

Post a Comment