Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ellen Weinreb's interview with CSR International

Just watched http://www.csrinternational.org/?p=9395 An interview with Ellen Weinreb about sustainability jobs and feel slightly discouraged afterwards.  She mentioned that graduates are getting jobs in the public sector and at startups but I find that even these kind of places are looking for somebody with at least 5 years experience at the manager level to step in an make sustainability happen for thier company.  I've done internships and have been in school for the past 4 years how am I, as a graduate, supposed to have all this amazing experience? Today I applied for two jobs, both of which had manager somewhere in the title, because I have nothing to loose.  Alot of my experience through my internships does, I believe, make me a good candidate for each job but it's the lack of experience that gets me overlooked everytime.  I just need somebody to take a chance on me so Im going to have to find (free) events that sustainability professionals attend so that I can network.  In the meantime still trying to atleast land a server/bartender job which is also more difficult than I anticipated. Crossing my fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment